Your Logmate digital logbook relies on your device to provide GPS co-ordinates from which it generates a human-readable (& NZTA compliant) location description.
Some phones, particularly older model &/or lower spec'd ones, may have a noticeable lag when it comes to updating the location. In this situation if you simply wait a minute or so and then click the location icon to refresh things, that should update to a more accurate value.
If you continue to experience inaccurate locations, try turning off WIFI.
Troubleshooting GPS/Location Steps:
Clearing the cache and app data on both maps and Logmate application:
- You can do this by going to your settings>applications>application manager>scroll down to maps and click on it, select "storage" and then clicking on clear data and clear cache. Do the same process for the Logmate application too.
Turn Location Off and On Location
Check Location Setting in your 'Maps' app
- Click on the location button and have it find your current location then re open Logmate and try it again.
- You might check to see if your "maps" or Logmate application might need an update.
- Go to Google Play or Apple App store and look for available updates
Restart Your Phone
- There's a chance the location issues may have something to do with your device's network or data settings.
If you are still having issues please refer to our troubleshooting guides specific to your operating system: