Your Logmate Digital Logbook relies on your device to provide GPS co-ordinates from which it generates a human-readable (& NZTA compliant) location description.
Some phones, particularly older model &/or lower spec'd ones, may have a noticeable lag when it comes to updating the location.
There are a few troubleshooting steps you can take to get an accurate location populated in your logbook.
Troubleshooting GPS/Location Steps:
Sometimes your device can be a little slow off the mark in generating your GPS co-ordinates. When making a logbook entry, if the location field is empty simply:
- Wait 20sec
- Hold your finger down on the target next to the location field and press load
Turn Off Wifi
Sometimes wifi networks can cause the GPS coordinates of your device to be inaccurate. Using mobile data rather than wifi will remedy this.
Clearing the cache and app data on both maps and Logmate application
- You can do this by going to your settings>applications>application manager>scroll down to maps and click on it, select "storage" and then clicking on clear data and clear cache. Do the same process for the Logmate application too.
Turn Location Off and On
Check Location Setting in your 'Maps' app
- Click on the location button and have it find your current location then re open Logmate and try it again.
- You might check to see if your "maps" or Logmate application might need an update.
- Go to Google Play or Apple App store and look for available updates
Restart Your Phone
- There's a chance the location issues may have something to do with your device's network or data settings.