All digital logbook entires made using Logmate are securely stored indefinitely and can not be removed or destroyed.
As a Driver you must:
- produce your logbook without delay on demand by any enforcement officer. The logbook must relate to that day, and all days back to and including the last 24-hour rest break
- retain your logbook for a period of 12 months after the date of last entry in that logbook
- deliver a copy of each logbook page to your employer within 14 days of completing that record.
As a Transport Operator you must:
- maintain a process to regularly collect logbook pages from all drivers and keep copies for a minimum of 12months
- periodically check logbook pages for omissions and accuracy, including auditing entries against other records
- file logbook pages in a manner so they can monitor if there are any missing