There are many reasons why you might not be able to start a new shift in your Logmate Digital Logbook. These include:
If you are seeing the red Subscription Required button it means either you do not have an active Digital Logbook Subscription associated with your account or you need to re-sync your device to registered your subscription.
First try re-syncing your device by click on the Red Subscription Required button and pressing Sync
If that doesn't work you will need to do one of the following things:
- Purchase a new subscription ensuring you include up to date billing address and credit card information
- Or if you believe a company should be providing you with a subscription you will need to contact them directly.
End Shift Is Overdue
If you have an existing shift still open you will not be able to start a new shift. In oder to start your next shift please do the following:
Click on the 'End Shift' button
Edit the time and date field back to the actual time you finished your previous shift (if you can't remember just ensure the time and date is within 24 hours of when the previous shift was started). You can do this by pressing your finger down on the existing time/date and then moving the mouse wheel to the accurate value. Then click Save.
Click on Review and Lock and ensure all information is correct (add a comment to explain any mistakes or modifications made in the shift entry) then press Lock.
If it has been more than 10 hours since your previous shift ended you should see the green Start Shift button, otherwise the countdown timer will indicate how much longer you have until you are able to start work.
Phone Settings Aren't Correct
There are several phone setting required in order for the Logmate App to function correctly. These include:
- Your devices time and date settings set to update "Automatically"
- Permission for the Logmate App to use your devices location "Always"
- Logmate can use mobile data and your mobile data is turned on
- "Data Saver" mode is turned off and/or Logmate is permitted to use data when data saver mode is on
- Wifi is turned off when driving in urban areas